Nextiva Office Reviews – Do Not Get A Business VoIP Just Yet If You Haven’t Read This
I really like the Nextiva Online Portal, I’ve got nothing but good things to say about it. It’s as intuitive and as user-friendly as it could get, which is a breath of fresh air for someone like me who had to wade through the complex web interfaces of other service providers.
There aren’t much of a complaints to make but only a few wrinkles and suggestions for improvement that I believe the prospective customer has to know about. Check at the bottom of my post here.
Nextiva doesn’t beat around the bush when it comes to business VoIP. Whether you’re running a small, home-based business; a large enterprise with hundreds or thousands of employees; or somewhere in between, Nextiva’s plans scale very well.
Anything You Need To Know In Nextiva Reviews – Price, Features, The Good And Bad
A privately owned company founded in 2006, Nextiva came to be known as one of the leading B2B VoIP and communications providers. Many have used them as VoIP for small business.
They catering to over 90,000 SMBs and large enterprises in the USA alone.
However, Nextiva isn’t alone in the space. There’s Comcast, ShoreTel, 8×8, and the list of service providers go on and on.
Yes, Nextiva continues to win industry award.
1. Who Is Nextiva Anyway?
They have been around since 2006.
Nextiva has been serving amazing service to all kind of businesses since then. In fact, it’s so good that they had to trademark their “Amazing Service” term.
It’s all good and known about. What you might not know is that Nextiva is built around and developed by 1500 engineers.
Nextiva doesn’t beat around the bush when it comes to plan and pricing.
Whether you’re running a small, home-based business; a large enterprise with hundreds or thousands of employees; or somewhere in between, Nextiva’s plans scale very well:
- Office Pro At $19.95/month–Includes all the features you need to get started like Cloud PBX, Advanced Call Management, Voicemail-To-Email, Unlimited Calling, Unlimited Virtual Faxing, Call Forwarding & Waiting, Caller ID, and those are just to name a few.
- Office Pro Plus At $22.95/month –The Pro Plus plan allows up to 3 professionally recorded greetings (the Office Pro lets you have just one) and also includes a Conference Bridge that supports up to 9 participants and the Nextiva Mobile App that you can access through your PC, desk phone, or mobile device.
- Office Enterprise At $29.95/month–The Enterprise Plan has all of the niceties included in the Office Pro and Office Pro Plus plans along with other monitoring and call handling features like Team Presence, Call Recording, Silent Call Barging, Attendant Console, and the Nextiva Toolbar.
3. Nextiva Features At A Glance
All of Nextiva’s plans are packed with features and functionality including Unlimited Calling & Faxing, Unlimited Long Distance, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Caller ID, Multi-Tiered Auto Attendants, and more.
In the world of IT and business communications however, a service company can hardly get away with just providing the bare minimum.
Business clients expect you to have all of the standard stuff AND some more.
And as expected from a leading company like Nextiva, they have responded with a host of very useful features including:
- Cloud PBX – Lets you combine your email, voice, conference, and mobile presence in the cloud – taking the pain out of managing business communications using the Nextiva App.
- Advanced Call Management –Gives you total control over your incoming and outgoing calls. It lets you manage your calls based on your location and preferences from the convenience of your own desk phone or through the intuitive Nextiva Online Portal.
- Voicemail To Email –Automatically forwards voicemail messages to your email as a *.wav file so you don’t miss important calls while you’re away. You can listen to the recording directly from your computer or mobile device.
- Shared Call Appearance –Lets you assign a line to multiple phones – allowing you to take and make multiple from a single line at multiple locations.
- Professionally Recorded Greeting –Let’s you greet your callers with an uploaded and professionally recorded greetings. Nextiva allows you to record one greeting for Office Pro; 3 for Office Pro Plus; and 5 for the Enterprise plan.
While their entry-level Office plan is really beefy as far as features go, Nextiva’s Office Pro Plus and Enterprise Plans take functionality to another level with the addition of:
- Conference Bridge (Office Pro & Enterprise)–The plans come with a conference bridge that can support up to 9 callers. Should you need additional bridges, you can add one for $19.95.
- Nextiva Mobile App(Office Pro & Enterprise) –Seamlessly integrates voice, video, and instant messaging into a single platform that you can access and manage using your mobile device, PC, or desk phone.
- Team Presence (Enterprise ONLY) –Let’s you adjust your adjust your availability settings and check the status of one of your contacts so you know when to best contact them.
- Call Recording (Enterprise ONLY)–This extra monitoring feature records all of your incoming and outgoing calls so you can review and use the recordings in training and coaching sessions.
- Silent Call Barging (Enterprise ONLY)–Let’s you or your managers silently listen to calls between your employees and customers, and it also gives them the option to join or take over the conversation if the situation calls for it.
- Attendant Console (Enterprise ONLY)–Allows real-time monitoring of the telephone status of your employees and contacts (busy, available, or away from their desks) and view their user information.
- Nextiva Toolbar (Enterprise ONLY)–Integrates with MS Outlook and Internet Explorer, Nextiva’s Toolbar allows users to take and make calls from their web browser and email client.
4. What Nextiva Says About Themselves
You can find other success stories from different customers here.
5. What I Like About Nextiva
As far as feature sets go, Nextiva’s plans are as stacked as they can get. Their plans have all of the features you need to streamline your business communications, and the addition of Conference Bridge, Call Recording, Silent Call Barging, etc. business clients can start out with the entry-level plan to test things out and easily upgrade to Office Pro Plus or Enterprise if necessary. Not to mention their pricing is a bargain with what you’re getting!
I really LOVE the addition of the Nextiva App, which supports both Android and iOS devices.
It squeezes a comprehensive roster of business telephony features (ex.: IM, video collaboration, voice, etc.) into one neat app that you can manage anywhere even without an IT administrator looking over your shoulder.
Moving forward to the Nextiva Online Portal, I’ve got nothing but good things to say about it.
It’s as intuitive and as user-friendly as it could get, which is a breath of fresh air for someone like me who had to wade through the complex web interfaces of other service providers.
And should you need help, Nextiva has your back covered with their 100% US-based customer service team that you can speak to through email, phone, or instant messaging.
6. What I Don’t Like About Them
While I like most of what Nextiva has to offer, there are a few wrinkles and suggestions for improvement that I believe the prospective customer has to know about.
For starters, it’s nice that they have included a mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
However, it’s really a bummer that the app is not included in the Office Pro Plan (only for Pro Plus and Enterprise). More and more business are moving to the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) model, and for companies looking to maximize features and minimize costs, this can be an issue.
While their 100% US-based customer service team is reliable and responsive, it appears that the support they provide doesn’t extend to social media.
Don’t get me wrong, Nextiva has heavy social media presence in Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms. They just don’t attend to support questions or inquiries posted on their social media accounts.
You get an expensive business phone feature set at a very reasonable price with Nextiva. And that’s really cool.But it would really be nice if they can include a plug-in that lets business clients integrate their phone system with a CRM solution.